Here’s just a few ways you can prevent drownings:
- Always maintain adult supervision around any body of water.
- It only takes seconds, so never leave children or non-swimmers unattended.
- Appoint and clearly assign a pool adult supervisor for your pool area.
- Kids are fearless and do not understand the fatal consequences of water – do not leave children near a pool or body of water for any amount of time.
- Utilize barriers around all pools- it’s the law!
- Use a self-latching closing gate and fencing around your pool.
- Be ready for an emergencies with a safety hook.
- Have a phone near the pool.
- Take a CPR course.